Basic Japanese for Beginners 101
This class meets 1x per week, every Thursday, 6:00 - 7:30 pm.
This class is for those who consider themselves "absolute beginners" in the study of Japanese. This is a course to comprehensively learn about the Japanese language and culture with communicative language activities.
This class is for those who want to start using Japanese immediately. The objective is to gain practical ability communicating in everyday situations. If you're interested in the Japanese Language, and want to try studying it a little, then this course is for you!
Textbook: Marugoto: Japanese Language and Culture, Starter A1-1
Goals: After completion of this course, the student should be able to...
- read and write in Hiragana as well as Katakana: write your name and country.
- use daily expressions and greetings. Exchange business cards.
- introduce yourself: talk briefly about your family, talk about your favorite foods.
- order food/ drinks at shop: read a menu, talk with friend about where to go for lunch.
- invite friend to your house: say what kind of home you live in, visit/ welcome a friend, show friend around your home, recognize the name and address on signs.
- understand basic Japanese culture.