Beginners (Part 1) Japanese Online Course
Up to 20 people per class
Date: July 18th to September 5th, held every Saturday
Time: 1:45pm to 3:15pm - 90 min each class
8 classes total
Fee: JASK Members: $125 for 8 classes + $20 textbook
Non-JASK Members: $150 for 8 classes + $20 textbook
This class is for those who consider themselves "absolute beginners" in the study of Japanese. This is a course to comprehensively learn about the Japanese language and culture with communicative language activities.
This class is for those who want to start using Japanese immediately. The objective is to gain practical ability to communicate in everyday situations. If you're interested in the Japanese language and want to try studying it a little, then this course is for you!
Textbook: Marugoto: Japanese Language and Culture, Starter A1
Goals: After the completion of this course, the student should be able to...
1. Read and write in Hiragana as well as Katakana: write your name and country.
2. Use daily expressions and greetings. Exchange business cards.
3. Perform a brief self-introduction: talk briefly about your family, talk about your favorite foods.
4. Order food/drinks at a restaurant: read a menu, talk with friend about where to go for lunch.
5. Invite friends to your house: say what kind of home you live in, visit/ welcome a friend, show friends around your home, recognize the name and address on signs.
6. Understand basic Japanese culture