POSITION TITLE: Vice-President Human Resources
REPORTS TO: President
BASIC FUNCTION: Responsible for oversight of Human Resource Department and Related Issues
The VP Human Resources will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource (HR) department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy.
• Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the Corporate HR Department.
• Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
• Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
• Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
• Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
• Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
• Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development. Oversees organizational changes to boost employee satisfaction and engagement.
• Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management. Manages Temporary Staffing Personnel Contracts.
• Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
• Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
• Develops and implements HR Departmental budget.
• Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for HR staff.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s degree a plus.
• At least five years of human resource management experience required.
• SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
SMC Vice-President Level Benefits Package
-At 30 days of employment -
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Hospital Indemnity
- Accident Insurance
-At one year of Service -
- 401k – 401k participation eligibility at one year of service on January 1st and July 1st each year. Company currently matches 5% up to 5% of your payroll deferrals.
-Time Off/Leaves –
Employment Years / Vacation Earned
Years 1 through 3 / 5 Days
Years 4 through 9 / 10 Days
10+ years / 15 Days
After 30 days of service, You are also eligible for (5) annual days PTO (Paid Time Off) time off In addition to the above schedule, which must be used within the year. Each January you are again awarded (5) days. Unused PTO time is forfeited at the end of each year.
In the event you experience death in your immediate family, SMC will grant you three (3) days of funeral leave with pay. Immediate family members are as follows: spouse, child, parent/legal guardian, brother, sister. Immediate family member also includes in-laws and step relationships. Employees who experience the death of a non-immediate family member are eligible for one (1) day of paid funeral leave. Non-immediate family members are as follows: grandparent, great-grandparent, first cousin, aunt, uncle, niece, and nephew. This policy also includes in-laws and step relationships and applies to employee only.
- Bonuses may be paid out by year end. They are discretionary and are not guaranteed.
- Company Vehicle - A company vehicle will be provided for you to use for your business travel.
- Company Laptop, Cell Phone, other electronic items deemed necessary will be provided for you.
For more information, contact: Laura Yates (firstname.lastname@example.org)
141 Howell Drive
Elizabethtown, KY 42701