Our client, located just northeast of Lexington, KY, is seeking a positive, growth minded, Purchasing and Inventory Control Manager to oversee the activities of the purchasing and inventory control department and manage the inventory of materials for the company. A leader in their field of manufacturing/distribution, they are focused on providing excellent customer service to both their external and internal customers.
- Sources and purchases all supplies, materials, and parts for the company.
- Tracks raw inventory usage throughout the plant.
- Maintains steel inventory and releases from blanket orders as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, prices, buyers, and delivery conditions to anticipate future material availability; directs purchasing programs accordingly.
- Develops and maintains inventory databases for supplies and materials used.
- Negotiates and completes contracts with vendors for optimal cost and delivery times.
- Reviews purchase orders and contracts for compliance with company and departmental policies.
- Collaborates with sales, customer service, and logistics departments to maximize efficiency in the purchasing and inventory control department.
- Communicates with suppliers to resolve problems that may arise regarding delivery, quality, price, or conditions of sale.
- Purchases large and complex items.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures related to purchasing and inventory control with a goal to maximize efficiency and optimize workflow.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and ethics when dealing with vendors, co-workers, and customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to effectively train others.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, as well as inventory software/ERP Systems
Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field with coursework in purchasing and/or inventory control management and 5+ years of buying/purchasing experience. Manufacturing background – preferably in steel, metal fabrication, or metaling preferred. Management experience highly preferred. Good negotiating skills required as well as the drive to continue to look for opportunities for savings and alignment. Company offers a competitive salary of $80 - $100k+ and benefits package. Laptop and cell phone provided. Bonus opportunity available. Occasional travel to visit vendors and other company locations required. Interested candidates should submit a Word document resume to firstname.lastname@example.org