The 2011 Nuido Exhibition of Japanese Embroidery is off to a grand start. As you know, on April 15, 2011, the Opening Reception at the Art Museum at the University of Kentucky was held. Attendees over 200 people at the reception included:
- The Honorable Hiroshi Sato, Counsel General of Japan, Nashville, TN;
- Ms. Linda Gorton, Vice Mayor, Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government;
- Mr. Shigekazu Kato, Treasurer & Executive Advisor, Toyota Manufacturing Kentucky;
- Mr. Michael Tick, Dean, University of Kentucky College of Fine Arts;
- Mr. Keiko Tanaka, Director, University of Kentucky Asia Center; and,
- Mr. John Gardner, Senior Vice-President, Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC
The 2011 Nuido World Exhibition at the University of Kentucky will continue through July 3rd: with 4 day Non-credited class; May 28, 29 and June 4, 5: please do not hesitate to contact us if you would need more information.
After the successful exhibition at the University of Kentucky, the 2011 Nuido World Exhibition will travel to Adelaide Festival Centre (AFC), South Australia in September for the OzAsia Festival. We are honored to be a part of this unique festival where 35,000 people from around the Pacific Rim are expected to attend.
Japanese Embroidery Center
Nonprofit Educational Organization