POSITION TITLE: Vice-President Production Operations
REPORTS TO: President
Manage, direct, and implement Production Operations’ strategies and objectives to ensure the achievement of goals. Specifically, involving all operating functions focusing on customers service, cost of services, quality and gross margin, and staffing for the near term. Focuses for the long-term goals are the formulation, planning and implementation of strategies.
The VP of Operations will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee operations activities in the organization, ensuring development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs of the organization.
With authority stretching over all or most of the organization’s departments, a VP’s responsibilities can include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning how both material and human resources are to be utilized. Other duties can include scheduling, making work assignments, and overseeing projects to completion.
- Establishes, implements, and communicates the strategic direction of the organization’s operations division.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
- Collaborates with other divisions and departments to carry out the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
- Ensures that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organization’s business plan and vision.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
- Reviews and approves cost-control reports, cost estimates, and staffing requirements for projects.
- Establishes and administers the department’s budget.
- Presents periodic performance reports (KPI’s) and metrics to the President and other leadership.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in production operations management.
- Identifies training needs and ensures proper training is developed and provided.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the industry.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or other industry-related field required;
- At least 10 years of industry-related experience including three years in upper
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Occasional Plant floor walking up to 2-3 miles per visit
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
SMC Vice-President Level Benefits Package
-At 30 days of employment -
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Hospital Indemnity
- Accident Insurance
-At one year of Service -
- 401k – 401k participation eligibility at one year of service on January 1st and July 1st each year. Company currently matches 5% up to 5% of your payroll deferrals.
-Time Off/Leaves –
Employment Years / Vacation Earned
Years 1 through 3 / 5 Days
Years 4 through 9 / 10 Days
10+ years / 15 Days
After 30 days of service, You are also eligible for (5) annual days PTO (Paid Time Off) time off In addition to the above schedule, which must be used within the year. Each January you are again awarded (5) days. Unused PTO time is forfeited at the end of each year.
In the event you experience death in your immediate family, SMC will grant you three (3) days of funeral leave with pay. Immediate family members are as follows: spouse, child, parent/legal guardian, brother, sister. Immediate family member also includes in-laws and step relationships. Employees who experience the death of a non-immediate family member are eligible for one (1) day of paid funeral leave. Non-immediate family members are as follows: grandparent, great-grandparent, first cousin, aunt, uncle, niece, and nephew. This policy also includes in-laws and step relationships and applies to employee only.
- Bonuses may be paid out by year end. They are discretionary and are not guaranteed.
- Company Vehicle - A company vehicle will be provided for you to use for your business travel.
- Company Laptop, Cell Phone, other electronic items deemed necessary will be provided for you.
For more information, contact: Laura Yates (email@example.com)
141 Howell Drive
Elizabethtown, KY 42701