IT Systems Administrator
Our growing manufacturing client 30 minutes east of Lexington, KY is seeking a friendly, professional, collaborative and hands on IT Systems Administrator with Level 2-3 IT knowledge, to join their team in the office (this is not a remote position.) Candidates must have excellent organizational and communication skills with all levels of the organization and must be comfortable working in an open office environment. MSP or manufacturing experience is highly preferred.
The IT Systems Administrator will provide professional and technical support for the company’s networks in the following areas: General system administration, specialized system administration, Network administration, and Cloud administration. Candidates must be able to provide system administration for workstations, servers, and various network and infrastructure devices, to include installation/imaging, patching, maintenance, and troubleshooting of systems to resolution on the required Operating System, ensure all servers, workstations, and various network and infrastructure devices adhere to security and compliance requirements, perform configuration changes, conducting log analysis, system hardening, and managing/maintaining endpoint security compliance.
The selected candidate should have a history of providing design, deployment, management, maintenance, and troubleshooting of systems in the below environments: Enterprise software distribution and management tools, Directory structure management, Virtualization infrastructure, Storage arrays, Endpoint security servers, and Databases.
Other responsibilities include administration of MS Windows 2016/2019 Server Active Directory environment, design and plan LAN/WAN network infrastructure, administration, maintenance, and support of NEC phone systems, creation of new user accounts including Active Directory and Phone/Voicemail setup, generating reports for management including but not limited to web usage and phone reports, workstation hardware/software maintenance, and develop/streamline procedures for frequently performed tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and troubleshoot network problems
- License and backup management
- Assist with SCCM Implementation
- Serve as a liaison between sites for account management
- Support of production IT equipment including Zebra Printers, Honeywell Scanners, and PC’s
- Checks and responds to service requests. Completes in a timely manner. Seeks assistance from other IT members if necessary.
- Troubleshoots and maintains network infrastructure issues with IT team.
- Assists associates with software / hardware issues on daily basis
- Troubleshoots all printer/ copier issues with outside vendor.
- Checks all backup reports on daily basis. Ensures data is protected and reports all anomalies.
- Assists IT department in keeping accurate information on network/software structures in departmental reporting software (LAN Sweeper).
- Develop and create Standardized Work Instructions for tasks that department and associates using different hardware and software would use.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 Years’ experience in Systems Administration.
- Must understand network TCP/IP, switch configurations and firewall settings.
- Must be experienced in Active Directory.
- Project management skills are required.
- Must be experienced in VMWare and Windows Server Management
- Must have experience supporting and managing MS Office 365
Client offers an excellent benefits package: medical, vision, dental, disability, group life & AD&D, voluntary life, FSA, HRA, HAS, paid time off, 401-k, and a competitive salary ($64k-$70k per year). Relocation Assistance not provided. Company offers great opportunities for advancement! The culture is a friendly, open atmosphere. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a well-respected and growing company. If you are looking to take your career to the next level and build a successful long-term career, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.