Hitachi Astemo Electric Motor Systems America, Inc. ((Astemo)USMS)
1150 Mayde Road, Berea, KY 40403
Position: Part-time Japanese-English Interpreter/Translator
The Interpreter and Translator will convert oral speech and written text in Japanese to English, and vice versa, in a variety of contexts.
- Carefully listens to or reads content in the original language.
- Understands and analyzes what is being said or written, and the message, intent, and nuances being communicated.
- Reproduces statements or questions in the desired output language.
- Facilitates effective communication with individuals, companies, or other interested parties.
- Provides simultaneous interpretation (SI) or consecutive interpretation (CI) depending on the desired outcome.
- Uses equipment such as microphones or headsets as needed to ensure precise and timely translations or interpretations.
- Gathers, develops, and maintains lists of terminology and information that may be used in technical translations such as manufacturing, quality assurance, and engineering materials.
- Protects the confidentiality of information and adheres to any related ethical or professional codes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned; no supervisory responsibilities exist for this position.
- Fluency in, and thorough understanding of, the primary language(s) being translated.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in the applicable languages.
- Excellent listening skills and auditory recall as needed to remember spoken words and accurately reproduce them in the desired language.
- Familiarity/proficiency with Microsoft Office 365.
- Ability to appropriately understand and respond to culturally sensitive situations, perspectives, and phrases.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in intense situations.
Education and Experience:
- Fluency in both languages required.
- Bachelor’s degree attained, currently pursuing or a combination of related experience (ie, 3 years) preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on and viewing a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Primarily office setting for work but may require occasional manufacturing and warehouse floor support wearing all required personal protective equipment.
- Flexibility with schedule for occasional morning and evening translation support.
This is a non-full-time position, and the person will be employed through a local staffing agency. Interested parties should email: