Senior Industrial Engineer
Our growing automotive manufacturing client, 30 minutes east of Lexington, KY is seeking a Senior Industrial Engineer to develop and implement Toyota Production System using Kanban and other tools to control the flow of material and information throughout the plant, design and implement various tools to move and store components and finished product, and recommend and implement Kaizen improvements to manufacturing processes and methods.
1. Devises and promotes plans for Industrial Engineering activities.
2. Develops, promotes and teaches Industrial Engineering training classes.
3. Improves manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
4. Collects time study data and analyzes to improve line balance and manpower efficiency.
5. Follows operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes
6. Performs motion Kaizen on all processes.
7. Finds ways to reduce inventory levels of components, work-in-process and finished product.
8. Understands Kanban flow and its effect on the flow of materials.
9. Builds and installs various racks, indications, visual tools.
10. Creates accurate design drawings for Kaizen objects.
11. Participates in problem-solving and trouble shooting.
12. Participates in TS16949 and ISO14001 activities related to Industrial Engineering.
Minimum Requirements: (Skills, Abilities, Training/Education, and Experience)
1. Knowledge of Industrial Engineering policies, procedures and terms.
2. Basic Toyota Production System knowledge
3. Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field (manufacturing or industrial engineering) or equivalent experience in automotive environment (2 – 5 years’ experience)
4. Strong written and verbal communication skills and good presentation skills.
5. Ability to coordinate and monitor a high level of activity as demonstrated under a variety of conditions and constraints.
6. Project management and planning skills
7. Knowledge of appropriate office software applications, especially Excel and Powerpoint, as well as Visio
8. Ability to create basic design drawings
9. Satisfactory test score following participation in internal The Industrial Engineer Standardized Work Basic Training
Candidates will be required to possess and apply a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures applicable to Production Engineering and standardized work. Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity. Candidates should also have excellent attention to detail and be comfortable in a continuous improvement environment focused on lots of data with proficiency with spreadsheets and the ability to provide valid numbers, meet deadlines, and multi-task. Must be a team player and enjoy spending time on the floor and finding and fixing problems.
Client offers an excellent benefits package: medical, vision, dental, disability, group life & AD&D, voluntary life, FSA, HRA, HAS, paid time off, 401-k, and a competitive salary ($70-80k+ per year). Client will also consider hiring a more junior-level Industrial Engineer ($58 - $70k.) Company offers great opportunities for advancement! The culture is a friendly, open atmosphere. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a well-respected and growing company. If you are looking to take your career to the next level and build a successful long-term career, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.