Senior Production Engineer
Our growing automotive manufacturing client 30 minutes east of Lexington, KY is seeking a Senior Production Engineer to develop and implement optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards, recommend and implement improvements to manufacturing processes and methods, lead and assist with projects such as new model launches, trials, automation activities, and TS 16949 documentation.
- Improves manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Prepares and presents plans for such processes and methods.
- Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data.
- Able to follow operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Responsible for Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) and creating PFMEA and Machine Specifications.
- Utilizes Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Performs work, which involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with relatively few complex features for which are precedent.
- Lead cross-functional teams in project completion.
- Provide training to others as needed and serve as Project Manager with new projects.
Minimum Requirements: (Skills, Abilities, Training/Education, and Experience)
1. Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
2. Project management/planning skills.
3. 3+ years experience in automotive environment.
4. TS 16949, ISO14001 experience
5. Machine controls experience (i.e.: PLC , HMI, Vision Systems)
6. Microsoft Office Proficiency (Excel , PowerPoint)
7. Strong communication skills and presentation.
8. Ability to work in team environment.
9. Ability to design jigs and fixtures
1. Experience creating PFMEA and Machine Specifications
2. Vision Systems programming
3. Design proficiency with CAD / Solidworks
Client offers an excellent benefits package: medical, vision, dental, disability, group life & AD&D, voluntary life, FSA, HRA, HAS, paid time off, 401-k, and a competitive salary ($70-80k per year). Company offers great opportunities for advancement! The culture is a friendly, open atmosphere. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a well-respected and growing company. If you are looking to take your career to the next level and build a successful long-term career, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.