Japan/America Society of Kentucky
Established in 1987, the Japan/America Society of Kentucky (JASK) is a nonprofit, nonpolitical membership organization dedicated to promoting a better understanding of the business, cultural and social practices and customs of Japan and Kentucky. Headquartered in the Kentucky Chamber of Commence in Frankfort, Kentucky, JASK provides member events, programs, and services throughout the state.
A 34 member Board of Directors, which is comprised of executives from leading businesses throughout the commonwealth, oversee JASK and the general direction of the society. JASK members have the opportunity to communicate and cooperate with each other, fostering greater mutual reliance and creating an improved regional business climate for companies of both nations.
JASK is a member of the National Association of Japan/America Societies (NAJAS). This allows our Corporate Members access to each of the 39 Japan/America Societies, including a job/resume database and a directory of links to Japan resources.
JASK holds annual Japanese New Year Gatherings, corporate golf outings, business seminars, speech contests, Summer Festivals, horse race gatherings, and so much more throughout the entire state. Amongst these various corporate, social, and cultural programs, JASK has also developed an educational outreach program geared at elementary school age children. We have worked with the Lexington Public Library on an outreach program to bring this educational opportunity to hundreds of children. JASK hopes this program, as well as our many other programs and events, will create a heightened awareness and appreciation of Japan in Kentucky's schools, as well as amongst the overall community.
Japan/America Society of Kentucky is hiring a full-time project manager.
The position is full-time; schedule can be both flexible and negotiable.
- Experience with managing events and programs (i.e., two or more years experience organizing events)
- Top-notch business communication skills (preference will be given for bilingual ability – especially native Japanese)
- Excellent organizational skills and project follow-through
- Ability to navigate computer programs/website development (word, excel, Photoshop, wild apricot, quickbooks, etc.) proficiently
- Ability to understand general budgeting/financial reporting is a plus
- Strong interest in Japan/America friendship and building valuable programs for the Japan/America community in Kentucky
- Take full responsibility for many of JASK's ongoing programs under the supervision of the executive director
- Assist Executive Director with membership recruitment, new program development, and website development (training available)
- Develop and implement marketing strategies for events and upcoming programs (flyers, email blasts, phone calls, invitations, etc.)
- Contact members regarding program and event participation, often in Japanese
- Assist with office management as-needed (mailings, record-keeping, etc.)
- Competitive Salary
- 401k match
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Gas and Cell Phone Allowance
To contact JASK about this position, please reach out to:
David Carpenter, Executive Director