Basic Japanese for Beginners Part 1
Up to 20 people
Date: February 4th – April thth, held every Tuesday.
Time: 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm, 90 min each class.
Ten meetings in total.
Location: Toyota Tsusho America, Inc - 700 Triport Rd. Georgetown, KY 40324
Fee: JASK Member: $100 for Ten Lessons + $20 textbook
Non JASK Member: $125 for Ten Lessons + $20 textbook
This class is for those who consider themselves "absolute beginners" in the study of Japanese. This is a course to comprehensively learn about the Japanese language and culture with communicative language activities.
This class is for those who want to start using Japanese immediately. The objective is to gain practical ability communicating in everyday situations. If you're interested in the Japanese Language, and want to try studying it a little, then this course is for you!
Textbook: Marugoto: Japanese Language and Culture, Starter A1
Goals: After completion of this course, the student should be able to...
1. Read and write in Hiragana as well as Katakana: write your name and country.
2. Use daily expressions and greetings. Exchange business cards.
3. Perform a brief self-introduction: talk briefly about your family, talk about your favorite foods.
4. Order food/ drinks at shop: read a menu, talk with friend about where to go for lunch.
5. Invite friend to your house: say what kind of home you live in, visit/ welcome a friend, show friend around your home, recognize the name and address on signs.
6. Understand basic Japanese culture.